Saturday 3 November 2018

Nikon P1000...update

Well, not as much of an update as I would have liked. I've been busy with work recently and I haven't had time to use the camera as much as I'd have liked but in-short, I'm still very impressed with the camera. It's definitely taken the place of my P900. The colour rendition and image sharpness are far superior.

Here are a few shots taken for this post.

Pied Wagtail, Seaton
Taken in shade late in the day.

General landscape scene, Seaton
The sensor handles colour accurately
and image noise isn't a huge issue.

Blackbird, Whitestaunton
Taken from approx 20ft away.

House Sparrow
The image is sharp straight out of the camera.

Stonechat, Seaton

Several people have asked about capturing birds in flight but to be honest I've never been an 'in-flight photographer so I'm not really qualified to answer that. I'm certain it's performance is going to be similar to other bridge cameras in that respect,  i.e. not easy! Unlike DSLRs, the focusing system doesn't respond as rapidly or lock onto fast moving subjects as easily. I've always had better results with bridge cameras by filming birds in such circumstances and then pulling the desired frame from the footage. I will endeavour to try some in-flight shots though and post the results when available.


No comments:

Post a Comment