Monday 30 December 2013

In between days...

So, Christmas isn't all about twitching for me and when duty calls I always try and spend some quality time with my family, which after the Brunnich's Guillemot, meant a day in Lyme Regis building sand castles on the beach with my wife and son. I love to walk the Cobb Wall around the harbour when I'm there and Saturday was no exception, though it was quite stormy when we arrived. Waves were crashing over the end of the wall so I decided to play safe and walk the lower section. Good job I did though as seven purple sandpipers whizzed by and landed by the beach, including this individual that settled 10 ft away:

Purple Sandpiper, Lyme Regis: R. Harris
Ok, I'd earned my brownie points - the following day Dave, Andy and myself were heading back to Brixham for some better views of the white-billed diver.

No comments:

Post a Comment