Friday 2 August 2013

Yellow-legged gull

I took the day off today having planned to take my son out for the day but I son found out he'd bee double booked and was due to spend the day with his grandmother. So, off to Seaton to see if the pec was still around. Unfortunately no sign of it on Black Hole Marsh, just a little-ringed plover loads of common sands a few green sands, good numbers of black-tailed godwits, a kingfisher and a juvenile med gull the best. On to the Tower hide in the hope of seeing a yellow-legged gull but very quiet indeed and no interesting gulls to liven things up so I decided to drive around to the other side of the river and view from Coronation Corner. Glad I stopped there, after just a few minutes I came across this stonking juv yellow-legged gull...

Juvenile Yellow-legged gull: R. Harris
Lost its head but showing its wings well...

What a corker!

Back to Chard and off to see a grass snake that Andy Grinter had found basking in the little bit of sunshine we had here today, another treat:

Grass snake: R. Harris
Grass snake: Andy Grinter
Grass snake: Andy Grinter
Grass snake: Roger Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment